Friday, August 9, 2013

Confronting issues with self-promotion

It's been a month since I talked about marketing and I have not done any of it. I blamed the fact that my son was staying with us and adding to my stress but he's gone and I still haven't made a move. What's the deal with that?

I could use some encouragement. I get suggestions from time to time - keep the Kindle price low, push it on social media (Reddit, Facebook, Instagram - what else?), talk to the manager at the local Barnes and Noble, do some giveaways. Maybe I should take some time this weekend to sort of map things out with timelines and deadlines.

And I need to push past my fear. So far, everyone who has read Going Home, Again liked it - this tells me I've done a good thing and I should be proudly pushing it, not shying away from the exposure or possible (but definitely not probable) rejection. Since when am I shy?

No comments:

Post a Comment